Switch Africa Green Beneficiaries
- Reduction of energy bills ( costs)
- Be assisted to develop a documented energy management system that can be used to efficiently and optimally utilize energy resources in the company.
- Reduction of emissions through minimization of non-clean energy while promoting use of clean energy sources.
- Successful enterprises shall serve as model enterprises for benchmarking by other enterprises.
Identified Potential Businesses
The project during implementation is focusing on the following sub-sectors:
Iron and Steel, Metal fabrication and Foundries,Sugar manufacturing, Beverages processing enterprises, Tea processing factories,, Dairy processing industries, Textiles and garments manufacturing, Leather Tanneries Industries and Bakeries.
Roles of Participating Companies
- Providing commitment to the implementation of the project activities such as allowing the staff to undertake training sessions at no cost.
- Fixing the identified gaps in order to minimize energy costs and to make the production process energy efficient.