Kigezi Investment Summit and launch of the Kisoro Industrial & Business Park held
The Kigezi Investment and Free Zone Summit was organised by Uganda Investment Authority to show case the industrialisation potential in Kigezi Sub Region with emphasis on Kisoro District where an estimated 600 acres of land was offered by Kisoro District Local Government to establish one of the 25 Industrial and Business Parks across the country.The summit was held under the theme”Mobilization Of Domestic Investment For Proseprity And Regional Integration“.
Specific Investment Opportunities:
- Agro processing (Potato value addition, Honey processing, Juice Processing)
- Rice farming
- Dairy production
Objectives of the Investment Summit
- Promote Investment Profiles/Business Cases in Kigezi Region to Domestic Investors.
- To provide a forum for investors to network with financial institutions to get access to financing solutions for business and investment in the Kigezi Region.
- To create linkages with regional investors in DRC, Rwanda, Burundi and international investors for Joint Venture partnerships and Market for products.
- Launch and attract investment in the Kigezi Industrial and Business Park
- Package business cases to attract investors into the Industrial parks.
- Address the challenges hindering investment (Easing the cost of doing business/Investment)
At the Summit, key Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) involved in promoting industrial revolution showcased their abilities to support the cause without bureaucracy because a One Stop Center has been established at Uganda Investment Authority Offices to coordinate their service delivery.