Uganda National Bureau of Standards
Procedures for purchase of standards during COVID-19 pandemic
To observe and comply with physical distancing recommended by Ministry of Health during COVID-19 Pandemic, Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) clients are advised to use the following procedures for buying standards.
- Clients are encouraged to purchase standards online through the UNBS Webstore using the link https://webstore.unbs.go.ug/. This is the preferred method of purchase of standards during this period.
- Clients who are not able to purchase standards online can contact the following officials;
George Opiyo, telephone: 0701 033 591, email: email@example.com or
Maurice Musuga, telephone: 0701 194 628, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clients will provide their phone numbers and email addresses to the officials
- The officials will generate Bank Advice Forms (BAFs) from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) web portal
- The BAF will be sent to you by email
- Print the BAF and pay for the Standard(s) in the Bank through a Bank Agent;
- Send proof of payment by either mail or WhatsApp to the officials
3. The official(s) will send the standard(s) by email to you.
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) encourages minimal physical visits to its offices in the wake of COVID-19 and advises clients to use online tools and telephones.
Clients can also apply for certification online using https://cims.unbs.go.ug or using the UNBS App that can be downloaded on Google playstore.
For inquiries, get in touch with UNBS using toll free line: 0800133133 or WhatsApp number: 0713227580 or our social media pages; @UNBSug on Twitter and Facebook.
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body responsible for developing and promoting standards and quality of products and services to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.