Hon. Amelia Kyambadde meets with the Kampala Landlords before Government considers opening up shopping arcades
Minister for Trade, Industry and Cooperatives Hon. Amelia Kyambadde met with the Kampala Landlords before Government considers opening up shopping arcades and we agreed as follows;
- To decongest the arcades by; Reducing the number of occupants ,3 occupants per shop, but ensure social distance of 2 meters between the shop attendants within the shop premises.
Removing people trading in the corridors, stair cases, doors and temporary structure (make shift shops).
Demarcate and mark points where the buyers will stand while being attended to and to serve one customer at ago.
- Increase the number of guards on the entry and exit points to manager; tempt guns, washing areas and sanitazing gates, compound, floor and doors.
- No hawkers and food vendors shall be allowed in to arcades.
- Tenants and customers shall regularly sanitize end wear face masks.
- People carrying luggage and use arcade as passage ways to cross from one street to another are prohibited.
- Landlords shall allow tenants to start trading as they discuss on case by case basis how to stager the rent arrears.
In attendance were;
- Kirumira Godfrey.
- Hajj Kiggundu Hamis (represent those who were absent)
- Dr. Sudhir Rupaleria
- Dr. Ntaganda Ephraim
- Ssemambo Rashid
- Dr. Margret Ssekidde